Ways to Donate
With your support we are making a difference. Here are a few ways we can make a difference together.
- Lupus Canada was able to award Catalyst Grants to several innovative and promising research projects.
- Young students living with lupus were able to continue their education with support through the Lupus Canada Scholarship program.
- Lupus Canada lobbied governments to get behind World Lupus Day across Canada.
- Lupus Canada lobbied candidates during the 2019 Federal election to make changes to the EI Sickness Benefit eligibility by reducing the number of accumulated hours of insurable employment from 600 to 400 and the qualifying period simplified to 26 weeks; and
- Change the CPP-D so that the definition of disability falls in line with the Accessible Canada Act definition which includes episodic disabilities.
Types of Donations
In Memory Gifts
In Memory gifts are donations to memorialize a friend or loved one. A personalized acknowledgement card will be sent to the family by Lupus Canada if directed. You will receive a tax receipt for your donation.In Memory Gifts
In Honour Gifts
In Honour gifts are donations made to celebrate and honour a special occasion or person, or mark a life milestone. A personalized acknowledgement card will be sent to the honouree or family by Lupus Canada if directed. You will receive a tax receipt for your donation.In Honour Gifts
Monthly gifts support our work year-round and are designed to fit your monthly budget as a regular monthly charge to your credit card. Signing up is easy and you can change or cancel at any time. A tax receipt will be issued at the end of the year.Monthly Gifts
Don’t want to donate online? We accept donations by mail and telephone as well!
Donate by Mail
Please make your cheque payable to Lupus Canada and mail it to:
- Lupus Canada, 306 – 615 Davis Drive, Newmarket, Ontario L3Y 2R2
- Kindly provide your email address so that we can expedite the delivery of your tax receipt.
Donate by Telephone
Should you prefer to make your donation by phone or if you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-661-1468. Kindly provide your email address so that we can expedite the delivery of your tax receipt.
Other Ways To Give
A planned gift is a special gift to Lupus Canada for the future. Arranged now, it allows you to plan for the continued support of Lupus Canada within your overall estate or financial plan. Planned gifts can be deferred, meaning you commit now to a gift Lupus Canada will receive in the future or can be gifts that provide funds immediately to meet the needs of people living with Lupus. As you plan for your future we hope you will consider Lupus Canada in your consultations with your financial advisor.
Bequests are generally gifts of real or personal property, stipulated as such, in an individual’s will.
An endowment gift helps leave a lasting legacy that honours yourself or a loved one.
Gifts of Life Insurance
Several insurance policy options are available allowing for the naming of Lupus Canada as the owner or beneficiary of the policy.
Gifts of Stock and Securities
This type of donation enables an individual to give to Lupus Canada and the donor will not pay tax on the capital gain. We recommend that you consult with your own tax and legal advisors prior to making a planned gift or updating your will. To discuss planned giving further, please contact Lupus Canada at 1-800-661-1468.
Gifts In Kind
Gift in Kind support involves the donation of property, goods or services in lieu of a cash gift.
There are many ways you or your workplace can support people living with Lupus:
- Hold a casual day – employees have the opportunity to dress more casually (in jeans for example) on a given day or series of days for a donation
- Payroll deductions – a great way to donate a small amount that fits your budget each pay, over the course of a year
- Ask that your workplace United Way donor-directed payroll contribution be designated to Lupus Canada
- Do a coin drive – quarters, loonies and twoonies can add up really fast!
- Organize a BBQ, social activity or golf tournament and donate the proceeds to Lupus Canada
Giving Through United Way
Ask that your workplace United Way donor-directed payroll contribution be designated to Lupus Canada.
Many companies have matching gifts programs through which they match your gift to a charitable organization. For more information, check with your Human Resources Department to see if your company has a program in place and if they don’t, suggest that perhaps they start one.
Donate A Car Program
Donate A Car Canada can provide you with free towing in many areas across Canada. Donate a Car can pick up your car or truck, or you can drop off your vehicle to maximize your donation. When you donate your car it will either be recycled or sold at auction depending on its condition, age and location. Donate A Car will look after everything to make your donation easy for you to support the Lupus Canada. Lupus Canada will send you a tax receipt after your car donation is complete!